Nearly three years ago this week (wow has it been that long?), I discovered a very dedicated Ninja Turtles fan who wanted to created a custom TMNT mod for his favorite PC video game Freedom Force Vs. the Third Reich. His goal was to base missions off the key events in the first season of the classic Ninja Turtles cartoon show. Eventually, his work so inspired my imagination that I volunteered to draw up some loading screens and cutscenes for his game mod. The first mission of his game started right after April O'Neil was kidnapped by the Foot Clan for the first time and the TMNT emerge from the "Ninja Pizza" parlor to find and rescue her. My artistic challenge was to summarize the events leading up to this turning point via artistic representations of the early events in the "Turtle Tracks" episode.
Here's what I've been able to come up with!
1. April O'Neil reports on a baffling series of ninja-styled thefts of scientific-technology labs:
2. The sinister Shredder commands his street punks to silence the meddling reporter:
3. April makes a daring escape from the street thugs by slipping into the sewers:
4. Ninja Turtles to the Rescue!
5. April meets Master Splinter
6. Night in the Ninja District
7. Foot Clan Vs. April: Revised!
Bonus Flashback: The Secret Origin of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
And if you own a copy of Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich, make sure you download my bud's TMNT mod and give it a try; it's still a Work-In-Progress right now, but it's still lots of fun!bentongrey.wordpress.com/turtl…